PRAYER WALK FOR HOPE LUTHERAN &
SEATTLE LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL
School is starting this week! A big thank you to those who joined us for the prayer walk on Sunday as we walked around Hope and Seattle Lutheran seven times in prayer to support our teachers and staff!
We wanted to share the prayer guide we used in our prayer walk with all of you in writing so the prayers can continue all week long. Will you consider joining in prayer focusing on the seven areas listed below for the next seven days?
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Pray as you walk around the school 7 times. Each time focus on the following:
1) Pray for God’s blessing to be on the school and for His hedge of protection to cover every inch of the campus so the evil foe will have no power over it.
The Lord bless and keep Hope Lutheran School/SLHS, The Lord make His face shine upon it, the Lord lift His countenance upon it and give it peace. Numbers 6:24-26
2) Pray for staff, students and families to be clothed in the love of Christ and have healthy relationship and interactions.
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14
3) Pray for unbelieving students and families to be awakened by the Holy Spirit with the gift of faith. Pray that the staff, students and families would grow stronger in their faith and have a strong desire to read God’s Word, pray and engage the disinterested to walk in the hope of Jesus.
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. Luke 19:10
4) Pray for the staff, students and staff to be healthy and protected from illness of every kind, specifically the Corona Virus. Also, pray against a spirit of fear and discouragement regarding the Corona Virus.
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 1:2
5) Pray for staff, students and families to be filled with the Holy Spirit and the fruit of the Spirit.
Let us walk by the Spirit. For the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:23-25
6) Pray for staff, students and families to be covered with the full armor of God.
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6:10-17
7) Pray for the staff, students and families to remember who they are as beloved children of God and be filled with the joy of the Lord resulting in renewed strength.
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1
This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10